In this article we want to share a quick low-calorie daily menu for all those people who want to lose weight but don’t have much time in their day-to-day life and are looking for easy-to-prepare options.
This daily menu consists of 5 meals: breakfast, lunch, lunch, snack and dinner. Proposing five meals a day can help people who have the goal of losing weight to control their intake throughout the day and, therefore, to control their satiety , thus avoiding having periods of great hunger and/or snacks between hours.
Quick and low calorie daily menu
- A glass of skimmed milk or vegetable drink without added sugars and enriched in calcium: alone, with pure cocoa, cinnamon or with a coffee.
- One or two toasts of quality wholemeal bread with a minimum of 70% wholemeal flour, with oil-free canned tuna, lamb’s lettuce and cherry tomato.
- Varied and seasonal fruit, accompanied by an infusion.
- Complete lentil salad with: fresh spinach, cherry tomato, onion, carrot, zucchini, grilled egg and dressed with a lemon vinaigrette, vinegar, oregano, basil and salt.
- Postre: fruit or skimmed yoghurt.
- A bowl of low- fat whipped cheese and melon.
- Lettuce wraps with vegetables : rice, onion, bell pepper, carrot, tomato, bean sprouts and tzatziki sauce.
- Grilled sea bass with wild asparagus.
- Postre: fruit or skimmed yoghurt .
People who do not have a goal to lose weight can also follow this menu because it is a healthy and balanced menu . Yes, I would recommend making a few small modifications, such as:
- Prioritize semi-skimmed or whole dairy products over skimmed dairy products.
- Accompany mid-morning fruit with a sandwich or a handful of nuts.
- Add a little rice to the salad or accompany it with a slice of bread.
- Add some nuts or cereals in the snack.
- Accompany the Wrap with baked potato chips or making the dough with wholemeal flour instead of lettuce.