Prince Andrew has won the right to review a sealed 2009 agreement reached with his sex accuser the late pedophile Jeffrey Epstein – an expectation that will get him out of his trial.
Manhattan District Judge Loretta Presca allowed Andrew’s lawyers to obtain a copy of the confidential settlement Epstein settled with Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who is now suing the UK royal.
Andrew’s attorney, Andrew Breitler, said in a hearing last month that he believed the settlement “exempts our client from any and all liability.”
Epstein’s estate had already been granted to the prince – Queen Elizabeth II’s second son – to have the agreement reviewed, but court approval was required.
Brettler, who represented Armie Hammer against the rape allegations, said he expected a settlement from Giuffre’s lawyers soon.
Giuffre’s lawyers did not immediately respond to requests for comment. However, lead attorney David Bois insisted in a court filing last month that the settlement was “irrelevant” in Giuffre’s case against Andrew.
Giuffre, 38, accused the prince of having sex with her three times at the behest of Epstein and his accuser, Madame Ghislaine Maxwell.
Andrew faces an October 29 deadline to formally respond to Giuffre’s lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages. He has always vehemently denied his long-running allegations.
Epstein killed himself while awaiting trial for sex trafficking charges at the age of 66 in a Manhattan prison in August 2019.
Maxwell pleads not guilty to recruiting underage girls to misbehave with Epstein and to help groom. His trial in Manhattan is scheduled for November 29.
post with wires