I’m not sure we’ve ever seen anything like this happen to the Giants on Sunday… losing their starting quarterback, running back and top receiver injuries. It doesn’t happen much in a season, let alone a single game. The Giants left Dallas with a 44–20 loss, a 1–4 record and potentially their best players on the shelf for at least a few games. It really was a disaster in Dallas and there isn’t a lot of positivity to pull it off outside of Kadarius Tony’s monster performance.
For a deeper dive into sports and all injury, we bring you a new episode of the “Blue Rush” podcast with Lawrence Tynes and Paul Schwartz. Me and the Tynes interview two-time Giants Super Bowl champion defensive and Dave Tolefson in the second half of the show, ahead of their 10-year anniversary celebrations at the 2011 Super Bowl championship team’s MetLife Stadium on Sunday.
Blue Rush Podcast with Paul, Lawrence and Jake:
- Injuries: Have we ever seen anything like this with all the bruises? Daniel Jones’ injury is scary. It could be a week, it could be a month. It’s hard to tell with a jerk and how he reacts. Saquon Barkley is going to miss at least two games and that has to be determined from there. Kenny Golladay is still TBD, but it looks like it could be week-to-week. This team left Dallas as bang as it could have been.
- Tony: This kid is a special talent. The Tynes didn’t mind Punch as much as he was supporting his partner. He will learn from it. He has a special ability and will probably break more Odell Beckham Jr. records like Sunday. It’s hard not to love the skill he brings to the Giants.
Dave Tollefson Interview:
Two-time Giants Super Bowl Champion Defensive End
- Defense: This team does not have the depth that their Giants teams had. His backups were then the start for most teams. They are not getting in good conditions to allow a strong pass rush. The loss of Dalvin Tomlinson was a great loss for this defensive front.
- JPP: He played with the most talented defensive linemen. That was explosive pre-fireworks accident and post.
- Jones: Everything around him is shattered. They’ll keep him for at least $4 million for the next year, and probably for the fifth year. There are a lot of moving parts and bruises all around him, making it difficult to read.
- Super Bowl Giants Year: They had amazing chemistry. Dave knew their coffee order and brought everyone coffee. Zak DeOssie made everyone a milkshake. The exercise was fun, the food was good and everyone worked hard. Because of Tom Coughlin, he’s quick for everything now.
Catch up on all episodes of the New York Giants podcast “Blue Rush” by subscribing to podcasts on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Lawrence Tynes, Paul Schwartz and Jake Brown on Twitter @lt4kicks, @NYPost_Schwartz and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the show come out on Mondays and Thursdays.